Many a time you might find that you have guests coming over at short notice, or dropping in at your home unexpectedly, and you just do not have the time to prepare a full dinner and dessert. Or maybe the banana cake recipe you prepared for dessert did not turn out so well. For such emergency cases, here is a simple banana cake recipe with a cake mix that you can prepare in a short time and be the hit of the party.
What you will need:
- Peeled and mashed ripe bananas – 1 cup
- Plain yellow cake mix – 1 packet
- Light brown sugar – 1/2 cup packed
- Ground fresh cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup (to keep the cake moist)
- Large eggs – 3
- Water – 1 cup
- Roasted nuts (such as cashews, pecans, almonds, pistachios etc) – 1 cup
- Vegetable shortening and some all-purpose flour for greasing and dusting the cake tins
- Grease two 8 or 9 inch cake tins using the vegetable shortening and the flour. Make sure that you cover all the sides of the cake tins.
- Preheat your oven to 175C.
- Mix the yellow cake mix and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs in the mix, one by one, and use an electric mixer to blend them with the cake mix. You can do it by hand too, but the mixer is much faster.
- Add the cinnamon and bananas and blend for about 2 minutes until the